MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Thursday, November 22, 2012

Nice and Simple

Sometimes I just love Mexico!  Yesterday I woke up with an ear infection.  These are not uncommon for me here in Mexico.  I get 3 or 4 a year.  Back in Canada this would mean a doctors appointment - a month down the road!  Or it would mean waiting at the drop in clinic......................in the cold!  Unless you want to wait all morning, you need to be there in line outside a half hour before they open the door.  Even in a little town like ours!
Anyway I went a few blocks down the street to a Pharmacy where they have a doctor.  I had to pay $2.50 to see the doctor (which was refunded after I bought medication there).  I had to wait inside which meant air conditioning for about 5 minutes.  She said I had a fungal ear infection alright.  Right next door I bought the 2 medicines she prescribed for me which totaled about $20 and then she refunded my $2.50 for seeing the doctor.............................................

All said and done in 20 minutes or so!  And I am on the road to recovery!  Sometimes I just love Mexico!

No comments:

Search This Blog