MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Home After a Long Journey

Well, after 3100 kms and 5 days, we have arrived at home!  We got home a few days ago and I have been trying to figure out which way is up since!  The twins did ok on the trip home all things considered.
As I sit in my office on this end of the trip a few thoughts come to mind.  I think about our oldest three kiddos who were with us on this trip.  I think about things I heard them say and expressions on their faces while they were back "home" in Mexico.  I loved seeing how they jumped back into life down there and how they were accepted back right away by the Mexican Youth who know them and those who didn't know them until now.  They were invited out a lot and it was great to see!  They loved it too!  They miss the culture down there.  They miss hanging out with friends a lot and experiencing the fellowship we are supposed to have in the Body of Christ.

I think about the ministry, specifically the Evangelism in the Vineyards.  I pray that the church there would rise up and keep doing this ministry.  I told them they didn't need me to do it, so I pray they took that to heart and get after it!  Pray with me about that please!  I think about a young man I met out there in the Vineyards who had so many questions.  He had doubts about the teaching he received in his home church in Southern Mexico (Catholic).  The Catholic Church down there is much different than the Catholic Church in the English Speaking West.  I did my best to explain everything to him and he did give me his cell phone, so I pray he will get my messages!

All in all, it was a great trip and we loved our time there!  We would love to go back actually and live there again but for now we are called here.  So it is time to dig back into life and ministry here and see what God does!

Keep serving!


No comments:

Search This Blog