MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Musings

Do you know how they say that a Doctor needs to not get emotionally attached to his or her patients? I think it is accepted practice that a doctor does not perform surgery on a loved one as they may not be able to perform well. I wonder how much that applies to a missionary........................maybe a little, maybe not at all.

To be completely honest I have been having a hard time, stressed and just not myself. The reason? I am sure it is more than one thing but part of it is that some "patients" of mine haven't been doing too well in the areas I have been attending to. I know I just need to do my best and pray and leave it to God but like some doctors, I have been taking the stress of it home with me. I don't want to become cold and seem unloving - afterall isn't that what we are here for? To show Christ's LOVE? I know Christ calls us to love and that is my goal so I need to keep loving but it is hard to not fall with people when they fall. Maybe I am supposed to fall with them in some sense though.......... If we are to "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ", it is hard to not feel it big time when the one you are carrying the burden for falls.

Sometimes Deut. 1:12 seems very real in my life - "But how can I bear your problems, and your burdens and your disputes all by myself"? I know I am not alone, that you are praying for me and my family, but sometimes it just feels like the load is heavy. I guess I just want to see people succeed so much. However God has been patient with me, so I need to be patient with others.

Thank you for standing with us in prayer, we need you!

I also ask for your prayers for Sheri and the kids and me as well this week. I am leaving for Mexico City tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for a denominational conference and won't be back until next Tuesday. Pray for Sheri and the kids in my absence as well as for safety on the trip. I will be flying with my teammate Greg Neufeld.

Blessings.

Lane

Deut. 1:12

2 comments:

Heidi said...

This all seems so much more real after having been there! I am definitely praying for you! I'm also praying for Sheri & the kids as you're gone & for safety on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Que barbaro ha sido una temporada llena de deisciones importantes y lo seguir asiendo! Espero y oro que las pesar de las pruebas sigan adelante. No estan solos... El Senor pelea nuestra batalla y de vez en cuando pone a gente en nuestro camino para alivianar la carga! Estoy con ustedes!

Search This Blog