MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Friday, April 19, 2019

First Night of Ministry

Last night went great!  I had the biggest turnout from the church that I can ever remember!  There had to have been 15 or so people there helping me along with Alexis Jemma and Noah!  Remember that a big part of this is that hopefully there will be some at the church who will carry this ministry on once I leave.  Pray for that please!
Anyway there were about 200 Migrant Workers who came to watch the short movie called "The Road to Emmaus" which does a great job of explaining the central message of the Bible and the way unto Salvation.  Then after the movie I preached for about 25 mins.  Something happened last night that has never happened before.  Each time after the movie ends, about half of those watching leave and head back to their rooms.  Last night however, almost no one left after the movie ended!  After I did my best at giving a panorama of the whole Bible all of the Bible Tracts that we had were handed out in about a minute!  The folks from the church helped with that and then some prayed for small groups of the Migrant Workers who asked for prayer.
All in all it was a great evening and we are going to repeat the same thing tonight at a different Vineyard!  The openness to the word of God down here always surprises me.  The harvest is truly huge and the workers are few, but with God's help He will bring in the harvest of souls to His Kingdom!

Here is a picture of last nights ministry.  You are only seeing less than half of those who were present.  There are many more to my left.  I am standing near the table with the microphone in hand.  Thanks for praying!  We need you standing with us!
On another unrelated note, the High School team shows up in a few hours so I am off to the airport to pick them up!


No comments:

Search This Blog