MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Saturday, April 20, 2019

2nd Vineyard

So last night a team of 7 from the church and myself went to a neighbouring Vineyard.  This one was smaller.  We had about 80 people watching and listening.  Again once the movie was over hardly anyone left!  So there were nearly 80 who stayed and listened as I explained the panorama of scripture.
I started with Creation and explained the main points of the Bible all the way through to Jesus' resurrection.  Being that it is Easter I asked them why we were celebrating, why most of the businesses here are closed etc.  People don't really understand why.  So in order to someone to understand not just THAT Jesus died on the cross, but WHY He died on the cross and even what it MEANS for us, that takes some time to explain.
So after a quick explanation that took about half an hour, I invited them to come up and get a booklet that explains it all as well.  Not all of the booklets were given out which is actually a good thing I think.  It shows that they weren't just grabbing them because they were free.  I told them not to take one if they weren't really interested, to leave them so others who were interested could get one.  And it seems like they did.  Most of the booklets were given out though.
I also asked one other thing of them.  At the end of my message I invited them to put their trust in Jesus, realizing that only by His sacrifice for us and our surrendering to Him can we be saved.  I put a lot of emphasis on the fact that we cannot be saved by our own works (many think they can be saved that way down here).  Then I asked them to tell someone who came with me if they had believed the message and put their trust in Jesus for the first time last night.  I made it clear that it was not an expectation, that it wasn't obligatory, but that if they had sincerely trusted Christ last night for the first time, to let us know.
About 10 people told us individually that they had indeed trusted Christ for the first time last night!
Glory to God for what He is doing!  Each of the folks from the church who came with me said in one way or another that the harvest is huge and the workers are few.

Please pray that the church here will take up the work once we leave!

Thanks for praying with us!  Off to another Vineyard tonight!  Not sure which one yet.

Lane

No comments:

Search This Blog