MISSION STATEMENT

MISSION STATEMENT -
WORKING TO SEE THE LIVES OF THE POOR TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD AS IT IS SHOWN THROUGH THE LOCAL CHURCH





Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Weekend

So yesterday we went out to the third Vineyard, one that I had never visited before.  It was another half hour further north of the city.  We were blessed to be able to put up the table and projector etc in the dining hall and project onto a wall.  There were about 50 or so present.  They were so attentive!

Today was Easter Sunday and it kicked off with a 6am service at the church!  I was asked to translate the sermon into English from up front.  I am honestly not a big fan of translating as it takes so much concentration!  And my mind tends to wander!  Once I started to translate, I realized that the Pastor had his sermon written out word for word!  I thought it would be a huge advantage to see his notes and just translate on the fly by reading his notes!  Wow was I wrong!  For the first 10 minutes, it was brutal!  I was terrible!  I seriously wanted to find a corner and run and hide!  Then finally I realized it might go better if I didn't read his notes and once I just listened to him speak, it went quite a bit better thankfully.  But wow, that was a rough experience!

Tomorrow is the first full day of ministry for the team.  They have a lot going on.  I am looking forward to doing some ministry out at the Children's Home whom I run the sponsorship program back home for.  Then back to the Vineyards tomorrow night after a break today.  I will be taking my friend Greg who I served with in Paraguay with me.  I am looking forward to showing him the openness of the people to the gospel!

My allergies are hitting me again and the heat is getting to my skin as well........familiar hardships that I used to have to deal with full time.  My energy is sapped by these allergies and so I think it is time for bed!

Till next time!

No comments:

Search This Blog